21st April, 2017 |
By Jessie |
2 min read
There are many things which could go wrong at a teenage party or festival these include binge drinking, drink driving and drug overdose, BUT don”t worry help is at hand. If you follow these suggestions you are bound to have fun and stay safe.
- Make smart decisions, you do not have to use alcohol or drugs to have fun, eat well before you leave and drink in moderation.
- Plan the night, know you’re going and what method of transport you will be using, plan how to get home especially if you plan to drink, have a plan B in case plan A doesn’t work.
- Avoid violent situations, don’t lose control due to drugs or alcohol, tell your friends to look out for each other, don’t get into a verbal argument just walk away.
- Remember overdoses can be avoided, educate yourself about drugs and their effects, tell a friend if you take an illicit drug so they can help you or call an ambulance if something happens, don’t assume medication is better than illegal drugs.
- If you are having a party register it with local police, insist party is invitation only to reduce the risk of the party getting gate crashed, indicate clearly that the party is alcohol free. However if you are getting invited to the party you shouldn’t advertise the party, arrange for your parents to pick you up and drop you off and give your parents the host’s phone number.
If you follow these simple steps you will be able to stay safe AND have fun. Now it can’t get any better than that.
Also check the related topics:
Ecstasy, ICE and other Amphetamines